Thursday, February 14, 2013

The "L" challenge

So, this week I've been off work ill. I've been completely incapable of doing anything, which for me is torture (and probably for those around me too). I HATE not being able to do things. I get restless, bored and frustrated. Earlier in the week, I was complaing explaining to Gary that I was upset because I hadn't managed to do ANYTHING! Knowing me as well as he does, he quickly translated this into me exacerbating my illness by stressing about all the things I wasn't getting done. He very FIRMLY told me that I was banned from anything to do with my PhD, to take the responsibility for the lack of work off me. (He's really clever with this one, he knows I'm way tougher on me than I would be on him, so if he says I can't, then I can't). In order to keep me occupied, he challenged me to take pictures of 10 things beginning with the letter L. However, since I couldn't go out, I had to do this in our house.

I couldn't even manage to take the pictures earlier in the week, but I did spend some time thinking about what I could shoot. Today, I felt a little better, so I set off to complete the challenge:


1) Leaf-lights:



2) Liquid:



3) Lock:



4) Lego (obvious choice in our house):



5) Laces:



6) Lemur:



7) Lion: 



 8) Lambs: 



9) Lamp:



10) Lead:

After all of the shooting, I went back to the living room where our lovely dog demonstrated his NEED for cuddles. So bonus shot:

11) Luke (could you resist those eyes?):


This was actually quite fun, it wasn't too demanding, and once I'd taken the shots there was some minimal processing which engaged my brain again. However, it has left me really tired (how lame is that?! I HATE being ill! Did I mention that before?) so I'm off to veg on the sofa and cuddle my dog. 

C
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment